Showing all 5 results
Natural hair dyeing is easy with the Instructions Booklet that accompanies these Natural Hair Dye Kits. Dermatologists recommend Renaissance Henna pure henna and pure indigo to PPD allergy patients; it is also suitable for eczema sufferers.
If you want a shade of auburn, brown, or chemical free black hair colour this is where you start your natural hair colouring journey. The 100% Natural Hair Dye Kits come with everything you need, and include a detailed instructions booklet.
- The Short Hair Natural Hair Colour Kit is suitable for short to medium length hair and may stretch to two or more applications.
- The Long Hair Natural Hair Colour Kit is for long or thicker hair and may stretch to three or more applications on very short hair.
- Suitable hair dye for those with hair dye allergy / PPD allergy / eczema
- Suitable for colouring 100% grey hair
Short Hair Natural Dye Kit contains :
100gms pure India henna, 100gms pure Tamilnadu indigo (enough for 2 applications on short hair), 2 hair caps, 2 pairs of gloves, a detailed instructions booklet
Long Hair Natural Hair Dye Kit contains :
200gms pure India henna, 200gms pure Tamilnadu indigo (enough for 2 applications on short hair), 2 hair caps, 2 pairs of gloves, a detailed instructions booklet
Long Hair Natural Hair Dye Kit + Cassia Obovata contains :
200gms pure India henna, 200gms pure Tamilnadu indigo (enough for 2 applications on short hair), 100gms pure cassia obovata, 2 hair caps, 2 pairs of gloves, a detailed instructions booklet
How much Henna/Indigo do I need ?
It depends how long and how thick or fine your hair is. We recommend :
- short to chin length hair – 50 gms henna / 30 or 40 gms indigo
- shoulder length hair – 100 gms henna / 70 or 80 gms indigo
- mid back length hair – 200gms henna / 140 or 150 gms indigo
- hip length hair – 300 gms henna / 210 or 220 gms indigo
Reduce these quantities by about 10 – 20gms for really fine hair.
Double the quantities for really thick hair.
If you’re in a country that doesn’t use grammes, adjust according to the weight of the pack , eg 50gms = a quarter pack of the 200gms bag of henna, 100gms = half a pack.
We advise to apply the natural plant-based hair dyes in two stages for perfect 100% natural hair dye results even on 100% grey hair.
Stage 1 Natural Hair Dye Application:
First mix and apply henna. For a foolproof first time henna application we recommend you mix the paste with freshly boiled hot water and let it stand between one to ten hours before use. Apply and leave henna in your hair for a minimum of 2 hours on a first time application. The process can be speeded up by use of a hair drier, set to a moderate heat setting, if you’re in a real hurry.
Stage 2 Natural Hair Dye Application:
How long you leave the indigo in for depends on how dark you want your natural hair colour result to be. It varies from 10 minutes to 2 hours, or even longer if you want. We recommend not to exceed one hour indigo time on your first time application.
- Ten to fifteen minutes will adjust your rich auburn red henna tones to a muted brown hair colour.
- Half an hour indigo hair colour application time will get you to a dark chocolate brown hair colour.
- One hour indigo application time will get you to black hair colour.
- Two hours indigo application time will get you to an intense deep raven black hair colour. You get the idea anyway.
To start with, if you’re aiming for brown hair colour, leave the indigo in for ten to fifteen minutes . Then you can determine if you need to leave it in for a longer or shorter period the next time round.
You’ll find it helpful to study the henna hair colour reviews photos and note how long each person applied henna / indigo in their hair to get the hair colours shown in the hair colour pictures.
Some FAQ’s: Where to Start your Natural Hair Colour Journey
Happy henna days !
Renaissance Henna, home of plant-based 100% natural hair dyes,
Showing all 5 results