Moroccan Clay,also known as Rhassoul Clay and Ghassoul Clay,is used in natural skincare, including eczema skincare,which shows remarkable healthy skin results.It is a centuries old Moroccan clay from deep within the Atlas Mountains,it is used to naturally cleanse, cool, soothe,and moisturise skin and hair. Rhassoul clay is a high-quality soothing clay for external use that stores indefinitely if kept dry. It is used in many spas for expensive skin and hair treatments.
The word Rhassoul has its etymological roots in “ghassoul” and comes from the Arabic word “Ghassala” which means washing / to wash. [ Think modern English v Old English “root” v old English “wyrttruma” and “wyrtwala”].
Similarly, the words rhassoul clay and ghassoul clay may sound different, but they’re the same thing : Moroccan clay !
Ingredients : Moroccan rhassoul clay slabs, 200g
Natural Hair Care and Natural Skincare for all Skin Types including Eczema Skin Care and Psoriasis
Moroccan rhassoul clay has been used by Moroccan women for natural body care and hair care for over 1400 years.
Rhassoul clay is greyish brown clay in colour and is centuries old. It is naturally organic. It is mineral rich, and it is cleansing. It has nothing added to it and it has not undergone any chemical or other processes. It is collected from the mountains and broken into chunks and slabs and packed in airtight containers. To ensure the strongest mineral content we have not powdered or processed the clay in any way; it reaches you in its purest form.
Like Bentonite clay, Rhassoul Clay UK has the ability to swell when water is added to it, but Moroccan Ghassoul clay has an even higher silica and magnesium content, making it especially suitable for troubled skin including eczema prone skin and skin rage from psoriasis. Try it ! Post your results back here and on Instagram and Facebook to encourage others to try. Our pure henna and indigo is used successfully by the most severely affected eczema and psoriasis & allergy patients who are now assessing the benefit of other Renaissance Henna products.
How to Use Rhassoul Clay for Hair & Body
For best results mix with a high mineral content bottled water or any pure floral water; organic tea such as chamomile will also work. Aloe vera juice is also excellent for this Moroccan clay.
The remarkable properties of this mineral rich clay include : it reduces dryness, removes impurities, unblocks pores, and improves skin clarity and elasticity resulting in a general smoothing of the skin. It is for all skin types and may be especially suitable for eczema and psoriasis skin.
Use it daily in place of soap and occasionally or regularly in place of shampoo.
Moroccan Rhassoul clay is perfect for use in between shampoos, or to use regularly instead of shampoo.
- Ideal for use just before henna/indigo and especially while detoxing from hair dyes prior to first time henna/indigo.
- Add a quarter cup of water to approximately a quarter of the clay slabs; let the clay soak up the water for 10 to fifteen minutes then stir well until you have a soft silky smooth mud paste. Add a few drops more water if needed and let it soak another ten minutes if there are still any solid rock particles present. Add another slab of clay if the paste is too runny and you want a thicker mud.
- Use the mud to wash your hair and also to gently exfoliate the body.
- You may also use the Rhassoul mud as a face and body mask – especially good for eczema and psoriasis : apply the mud all over and wait for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing it all off. Build up the applications gradually, starting with once a week.
- Use the Rhassoul mud to soak feet on hot days – it will sooth dry skin and help your body absorb some magnesium rich minerals.
More about Renaissance Henna Atlas Mountain Clay